Thursday, January 2, 2014

Harley New Year!


Happy New Year guys!
 
This was my submission to the DC Talent Contest for the first issue of the new Harley Quinn book. Basically they gave us a description of one page in the book and asked us to draw the following scenario: Panel 1-Harley in a lightning storm, Panel 2- Harley in a chicken suit surrounded by alligators, Panel 3- Harley tickling inside of a whales mouth, and Panel 4- Harley in a bathtub resigning to kill herself. Here's the exact description of the controversial last panel:

Harley sitting naked in a bathtub with toasters, blow dryers, blenders, appliances all dangling above the bathtub and she has a cord that will release them all. We are watching the moment before the inevitable death. Her expression is one of "oh well, guess that’s it for me" and she has resigned herself to the moment that is going to happen.

That last panel kicked up a lot of controversy and so DC actually changed it for the final print. It's now her on a rocket ship or something.

Well anyway, I wanted to let you all know that I am finally joining the 21st Century-blogosphere and switching (or I should say supplementing) to Tumblr. This blog will still be active (semi-active, lets be real), I foresee most new content will be put on Tumblr. I will link it soon!

As always, thanks for taking the time to check out my blog. Have a great new year!



No comments:

Post a Comment